Button

Button

Button

Right Joystick

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Treasure of Tarmin

Intellivision games and system.

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Treasure of Tarmin

Postby Mamecade » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:11 pm

The only reason I ever purchased an Intellivision system was to play Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Treasure of Tarmin. Being a huge fan of D&D in the 80's, I was instantly drawn to the game. I had seen it played at a friends house, oddly enough where we would gather to play pen and paper D&D. It was a fantastic game with a first person perspective that was rare in those times. This was back in the days when there weren't a 1000 D&D inspired games on every system. This felt like D&D, it was licensed by D&D and it tasted like D&D, I know, I licked the cartridge.
When I did get my own Intellivison AD&D: Treasure of Tarmin was the first game I got to play on it. It's still enjoyable to this day. The only thing that has had me scratching my head for over 25 years is, why is there a man fighting a scorpion dressed in khaki slacks and a well pressed matching skirt on the box cover? I'm pretty sure I never saw Khaki Armor +5 is any Dungeons & Dragons manual.
treasure of tarmin.jpg
treasure of tarmin.jpg (77.95 KiB) Viewed 2864 times
Mamecade
Site Admin

Re: Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Treasure of Tarmin

Postby Red » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:38 am

Mamecade wrote:The only reason I ever purchased an Intellivision system was to play Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Treasure of Tarmin. Being a huge fan of D&D in the 80's, I was instantly drawn to the game. I had seen it played at a friends house, oddly enough where we would gather to play pen and paper D&D. It was a fantastic game with a first person perspective that was rare in those times. This was back in the days when there weren't a 1000 D&D inspired games on every system. This felt like D&D, it was licensed by D&D and it tasted like D&D, I know, I licked the cartridge.
When I did get my own Intellivison AD&D: Treasure of Tarmin was the first game I got to play on it. It's still enjoyable to this day. The only thing that has had me scratching my head for over 25 years is, why is there a man fighting a scorpion dressed in khaki slacks and a well pressed matching skirt on the box cover? I'm pretty sure I never saw Khaki Armor +5 is any Dungeons & Dragons manual.]

Was this a follow up to Advanced Dungeons & Dragons? Never got to play this one, but if it was like AD&D then I missed out BIG TIME.
Red

Return to Intellivision