Mamecade Retro Gaming Logo

Mamecade Header

Screenshot Screenshot Screenshot Screenshot

1 2 3 4

Left Joystick

Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Right Joystick

Favorite Arcade Beat 'Em Up?

Discussion of coin operated arcade machines.

Favorite Arcade Beat 'Em Up?

Postby vintagevideogamegeek » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:03 am

Easy. Double Dragon. It was the first one I ever played. I'd love to own this cabinet.

I also enjoyed Prisoners of War (POW).

A little later on came Die Hard Arcade. I have a near perfect port than came out on the Saturn.
vintagevideogamegeek
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:43 pm

Re: Favorite Arcade Beat 'Em Up?

Postby Red » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:14 am

vintagevideogamegeek wrote:Easy. Double Dragon. It was the first one I ever played. I'd love to own this cabinet.

I also enjoyed Prisoners of War (POW).

A little later on came Die Hard Arcade. I have a near perfect port than came out on the Saturn.


Man, I love Double Dragon. I can still play it and have a good time today. Double Dragon definitely tops my list as well. You ever see the movie The Wizard? They got Jimmy playing Double Dragon on an arcade machine at the bus station. Badass
Red
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:56 pm

Re: Favorite Arcade Beat 'Em Up?

Postby vintagevideogamegeek » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:41 am

Red wrote:
Man, I love Double Dragon. I can still play it and have a good time today. Double Dragon definitely tops my list as well. You ever see the movie The Wizard? They got Jimmy playing Double Dragon on an arcade machine at the bus station. Badass


Unfortunately, yes, I have seen that movie.
vintagevideogamegeek
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:43 pm

Re: Favorite Arcade Beat 'Em Up?

Postby Boomerang70 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:45 pm

Hmmmm My favorite was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I think that arcade machine ate $100 in quarters just so I can keep playing. I guess that was the point.
It was just a fun game, faithful to the TV cartoon and allowed four people to play as a team.
Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles.jpg
Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles.jpg (72.12 KiB) Viewed 4914 times
Boomerang70
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:38 pm

Re: Favorite Arcade Beat 'Em Up?

Postby Red » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:39 pm

Boomerang70 wrote:Hmmmm My favorite was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I think that arcade machine ate $100 in quarters just so I can keep playing. I guess that was the point.
It was just a fun game, faithful to the TV cartoon and allowed four people to play as a team.
Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles.jpg


Man, this was the only good game my local movie theater had. I loved playing this. Eventually it got replaced with The Simpsons.
Red
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:56 pm

Re: Favorite Arcade Beat 'Em Up?

Postby vintagevideogamegeek » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:43 pm

TMNT and The Simpsons were also fantastic games.
vintagevideogamegeek
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:43 pm

Re: Favorite Arcade Beat 'Em Up?

Postby JimmyD » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:55 pm

Double dragon was great. Smacking people around with baseball bats is surely a good time indeed.

TMNT was great, and I spent quite a number of quarters in it as well, but I think I liked the X-Men verion better. I think it came out a year later. You had more options, but most people chose to play Wolverine.

Pitfighter was also pretty good. It was at a local pool hall here, and I think I spent far more time in front of it than playing pool.
JimmyD
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:30 pm

Re: Favorite Arcade Beat 'Em Up?

Postby vintagevideogamegeek » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:56 pm

X-Men surely deserves a mention, as does The Avengers. Pit Fighter was just okay. The digitized fighters were kind of cool but the animation was choppy and you only had a few moves.
vintagevideogamegeek
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:43 pm

Mamecade Forums • Post a reply

Postby detecy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:30 am

TMNT and The Simpsons were also fantastic games.

?
detecy
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: Favorite Arcade Beat 'Em Up?

Postby vintagevideogamegeek » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:27 pm

LOL. What's with the question mark?
vintagevideogamegeek
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:43 pm

Next

Return to Arcade

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron