Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Right Joystick

Cant get mame ro work

Discussion of all emulators, i.e. M.A.M.E, Stella, VICE, JNES, GENS32 etc.

Cant get mame ro work

Postby thenesreveiwer » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:04 am

i can never seem to get MAME to work i can get the emulators working its just the roms kill me cuz i cant figure out how to get them to work somebody plz help me with this problem
thenesreveiwer

Re: Cant get mame ro work

Postby Mamecade » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:09 pm

thenesreveiwer wrote:i can never seem to get MAME to work i can get the emulators working its just the roms kill me cuz i cant figure out how to get them to work somebody plz help me with this problem

Howdy TheNesReveiwer. You're not alone in that question. Many people have trouble installing MAME and its ROMs and getting them to work. Rather than explaining it to you, I want to point you to a video put out by Mame Addicts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbQIEyhr ... ideo_title

I hope that helps you get up and running.
Mamecade
Site Admin

Re: Cant get mame ro work

Postby qbertaddict1 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:39 am

You also want to make note of the version of mame you are using. The romsets change all the time and can cause games from an older romset to not work. For instance mame 0.35 roms will not work with 0.37. I will be doing a video soon telling you how to setup mame within a front end to make things pretty easy once you have the correct romset. Until then if you have any further questions after watching the video mamecade provided let me know.
qbertaddict1

Return to Emulators