Mamecade Retro Gaming Logo

Mamecade Header

Screenshot Screenshot Screenshot Screenshot

1 2 3 4

Left Joystick

Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Right Joystick

Episode 4: Happy Tartan Gamer

Discuss each episode of HRR.

Episode 4: Happy Tartan Gamer

Postby vintagevideogamegeek » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:04 pm

This month's special guest is Johnny Millennium, also known as the Happy Console Gamer!
vintagevideogamegeek
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:43 pm

Re: Episode 4: Happy Tartan Gamer

Postby Jarv » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:13 am

It was pleasantly surprised seeing a new episode in my iTunes account last night. I didn't think I had anything to listen to while at work. Great episode and I can't wait for the second half.

Vintage, you have to keep looking into the DS' library of games there's plenty of amazing finds. Like Johnny and Dinky said, it's definitely an RPG heavy system but not all of them are turn-based dungeon crawlers. The World Ends With You and Solatorobo: Red the Hunter are very action packed RPG's that are full of nonstop action. Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime is a nice little game with a mix of top down adventure where you beat up monsters and collect items then you get into these giant tank battles and use strategy to defeat your opponents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZztBEPYjuiE

ATV: Wild Ride is a great racing game, the Space Invader Extreme games are also great, Monster Tail is a fantastic game in the vein of the Castlevania series and one of my favorite DS game is Retro Game Challenge. It's a group of retro themed games where your goal is to complete...well, challenges. The only down side for you is there is an RPG but the action games, racers and shooters will help remedy the RPG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pHtIcPf42I

Scribblenauts, Brain Age series, Squishy Tank, Professor Layton series and Lock's Quest are also notable games. I hope you look more into getting a DS (3DS).
Jarv
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 1:41 am

Re: Episode 4: Happy Tartan Gamer

Postby vintagevideogamegeek » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:01 am

Jarv wrote:Vintage, you have to keep looking into the DS' library of games there's plenty of amazing finds. Like Johnny and Dinky said, it's definitely an RPG heavy system but not all of them are turn-based dungeon crawlers. The World Ends With You and Solatorobo: Red the Hunter are very action packed RPG's that are full of nonstop action. Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime is a nice little game with a mix of top down adventure where you beat up monsters and collect items then you get into these giant tank battles and use strategy to defeat your opponents.


Thanks Jarv, I will look into your suggestions! It's a big decision for me, you know, so I will have to give this a lot of thought!
vintagevideogamegeek
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:43 pm

Re: Episode 4: Happy Tartan Gamer

Postby Jarv » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:12 am

vintagevideogamegeek wrote:Thanks Jarv, I will look into your suggestions! It's a big decision for me, you know, so I will have to give this a lot of thought!


No problem, Vintage. I was just trying to help with some of the pain of making a big money and time commitment. I look forward to hearing you discuss your thoughts on the system in future episodes even if you choose to not pick one up :D
Jarv
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 1:41 am

Re: Episode 4: Happy Tartan Gamer

Postby DinkyDana » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:04 am

Jarv wrote:It was pleasantly surprised seeing a new episode in my iTunes account last night. I didn't think I had anything to listen to while at work. Great episode and I can't wait for the second half.

Scribblenauts, Brain Age series, Squishy Tank, Professor Layton series and Lock's Quest are also notable games. I hope you look more into getting a DS (3DS).


Thanks for the feedback Jarv! I totally forgot about the Professor Layton games. I do really enjoy those.
DinkyDana
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:33 am


Return to Hit Reset Radio Episodes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron