Mamecade Retro Gaming Logo

Mamecade Header

Screenshot Screenshot Screenshot Screenshot

1 2 3 4

Left Joystick

Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Button

Right Joystick

Questions for the HRR hosts:

We want to hear from you.

Questions for the HRR hosts:

Postby Mamecade » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:05 pm

Leave questions for the Vintage Video Game Geek, Dinky Dana and John Pio regarding HRR here.
Mamecade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:46 pm

Re: Questions for the HRR hosts:

Postby Jarv » Tue May 15, 2012 1:23 am

Have any of you guys lost any games or gained any games because of a break up?

I lost some Game Gear games when I was dating a girl the summer I graduated High School. She found her old Game Gear cleaning one day and I was shocked because I never meet anyone else with one. We reminiscing about the handheld when she lamented that she only owned a baseball game and the first Sonic game. I was super excited that she had a Game Gear and I brought a stack of games over the next day. We broke up about a year later and I never saw Sonic 2 (Which is fine), Shinobi, Columns, Mortal Kombat, Star Trek and a great puzzle game called Slider; these are just the ones I remember.

But, another year later I was dating a girl and I borrowed her copy of Final Fantasy 7. She never played it and didn't care that I had for a long time. I tried to give it back to her one day and she told me to keep it. I tried to give it back one more time and she told me to not worry and that it wasn't like I was dating her for her games. We broke a few weeks later. Final Fantasy 7 was unrelated to the break up and still in my possession.

(ANSWERED IN EPISODE 3)
Jarv
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 1:41 am

Re: Questions for the HRR hosts:

Postby Mamecade » Thu May 17, 2012 8:42 pm

Jarv wrote:Have any of you guys lost any games or gained any games because of a break up?

I have described the 90's as my skirt chasing years. I was very involved with a girl who actually enjoyed playing video games. I bought a Super Nintendo and of course a huge library quickly grew. The big mistake here my brethren is never buy a game system and keep it at your girlfriend's house. Needless to say, after the obligatory break up, the SNES and all the games stayed with her. Sigh what a waste of money. :cry:
Mamecade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:46 pm

Re: Questions for the HRR hosts:

Postby vintagevideogamegeek » Thu May 17, 2012 8:52 pm

Mamecade wrote:
Jarv wrote:Have any of you guys lost any games or gained any games because of a break up?

I have described the 90's as my skirt chasing years. I was very involved with a girl who actually enjoyed playing video games. I bought a Super Nintendo and of course a huge library quickly grew. The big mistake here my brethren is never buy a game system and keep it at your girlfriend's house. Needless to say, after the obligatory break up, the SNES and all the games stayed with her. Sigh what a waste of money. :cry:


John, you're not supposed to answer the question in the forum. We do that on the podcast dude! :D
vintagevideogamegeek
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:43 pm

Re: Questions for the HRR hosts:

Postby Mamecade » Thu May 17, 2012 9:08 pm

vintagevideogamegeek wrote:
Mamecade wrote:
Jarv wrote:Have any of you guys lost any games or gained any games because of a break up?

I have described the 90's as my skirt chasing years. I was very involved with a girl who actually enjoyed playing video games. I bought a Super Nintendo and of course a huge library quickly grew. The big mistake here my brethren is never buy a game system and keep it at your girlfriend's house. Needless to say, after the obligatory break up, the SNES and all the games stayed with her. Sigh what a waste of money. :cry:


John, you're not supposed to answer the question in the forum. We do that on the podcast dude! :D


Oh crap.... Smacking myself on the forehead right now. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Mamecade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:46 pm

NEW QUESTION for the HRR hosts:

Postby TooFastFlash » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:10 pm

I have the next question for our illustrious hosts of Hit Reset Radio...

What is the furthest distance you have traveled just to purchase or at least hunt for games (e.g. flea markets, thrift stores, retro stores, auctions)? This can include John traveling to pickup pinball machines just to save on shipping or prevent any damage to the machine, because I know those can't be cheap to ship.

I personally have traveled about 4 1/2 hours away from my home to participate an auction that their main inventory was retro games with some rare titles. I kinda cheated though because the in-laws lived about halfway in between. Really the only way the wifey would go along with the idea :).

Just curious on what our hosts may have to say on this topic. Thanks for reading...

-TooFastFlash

(ANSWERED IN EPISODE 5)
TooFastFlash
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: Questions for the HRR hosts:

Postby MetalKing79 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:41 pm

What aspects of gaming that have changed due to the majority of multiplayer being online do you miss when multplayer meant you and a couple buddies sitting in front of the same TV?

Bonus question: What junk food that you enjoyed as a kid while playing games that isn't made anymore do you miss (i.e. Crystal Pepsi, Ecto Cooler, Pizzeria Chips, Tater Skin Chips, Crybabies Candy etc.)?

(ANSWERED IN EPISODE 6)
MetalKing79
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:12 pm

Re: Questions for the HRR hosts:

Postby BodyFortress » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:42 pm

Hey guys,

What kind of gaming set up do you have at home?

I have a dual PS3 set up w/ the first on a 46 Inch LED tv and the other on a 32 inch tv, my wii is also on the 32 inch.
I have a 16 inch retro gaming tv that is used for Sega Megadrive and NES consols.

Keep up the great Podcast guys.
BF
BodyFortress
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:30 pm

Re: Questions for the HRR hosts:

Postby MetalKing79 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:45 am

What game has frustrated you the most or caused the most instances of controlling throwing rage?

Sub-Question: What game and which action in the game has angered you the most?

In terms of controller throwing Battletoads or Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus.

For me either the voice in the Soulcalibur series saying "You Lose" in a very condescending way (minus the humor of the way Mortal Kombat does it), or beating Castlevania II: Simon's Quest only to find out I don't get the ending because I took too long.
MetalKing79
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:12 pm

Re: Questions for the HRR hosts:

Postby Tenshinhan » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:18 pm

Hey guys, big fan of the podcast keep up the good work! Considering the name of the podcast is Hit Reset Radio, I think this question is quite fitting. What is the point of a reset button on a console? Is it for people who are too lazy to turn off the console and turn it back on? Is there a technical reason for it? Considering the Wii is the only current gen console that has a reset button, do you think that the next generation of video game consoles will not have the reset button? Thanks.

(ANSWERED IN EPISODE 8)
ten-shin-han
10-bone-Han Solo
Tenshinhan
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:03 pm

Next

Return to Questions and Comments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron